Heart of Manchester Mindfulness Meditation Sangha is a group of people from all faiths or none who meet to practice mindfulness in the Plum Village tradition, inspired by Zen Buddhist Master Thich Nhat Hanh. Katie Sheen of Soul Nutrition is one of the volunteers who facilitates this Sangha, and it is her turn to lead the meditations this evening.
The format is:
- a short reading from one of Thich Nhat Hanh’s books,
- 20 minutes guided meditation,
- 20 minutes silent walking meditation,
- 20 minutes silent sitting meditation,
- Tea break, with biscuits!
- 30 minutes Dharma sharing: an opportunity to learn from each other by sharing our experiences of both the benefits and challenges of using mindfulness in our daily lives. There is no obligation to share, as this is an opportunity to practice mindful speaking and deep listening, both of which can bring great benefits.
Discover more about the Heart of Manchester Mindfulness Meditation Sangha, Thich Nhat Hanh and the Plum Village tradition by clicking here, or for specific questions please email [email protected]
The Heart of Manchester Sangha is run on a voluntary basis, but donations are needed to cover the cost of room hire, hence the suggested £5 guide price listed here.
We meet every Sunday evening, and you are welcome to drop in on any week: there is absolutely no obligation to attend every session.