A day-long workshop for pregnant women/partners & new parents.
When couples are expecting a baby the antenatal emphasis is preparation for birth, with little attention paid to what happens after the baby is born and how to manage the transition to parenthood. This workshop will provide knowledge, planning, and tools to reduce stress during the transition to parenthood, and includes a session on mindfulness for parents.
There will be morning talks with tips for parents on:
- Normal challenges of parenthood and ways to overcome them
- Overview of common obstetric problems
- Bonding and Attachment, baby care and safety
- Managing expectations about parenthood
and afternoon interactive experiential workshops including:
- Mindfulness by Katie Sheen of Soul Nutrition
- Pregnancy, postnatal and baby yoga
- Postnatal Supportive care
- Fathers’ needs for mental wellbeing
- Positive ways to navigate the changes in the couple relationship
- Looking after yourself (self-care)
After attending this pre-parenting workshop, couples can expect:
- To understand the normal challenges of parenthood and the impact on the couple relationships after the baby is born.
- To know what some of the unexpected common clinical scenarios in the postnatal period are and care of the newborn.
- To be prepared for a positive journey through the transition to parenthood and improve their parenting experience.
We welcome pregnant couples and new parents with young babies. This is a family friendly event.
How to book:
Ticket prices vary from £32.45 – £48.38 as there are early bird booking rates, plus reduced rates for couples. Please see the website of Dr.Diane Speier for full information and links to online booking. Thank you.
To discover what other people are saying about Katie Sheen, please click here to be taken to the testimonials page …